By going through these Maharashtra State Board Secretarial Practice 11th Commerce Notes Chapter 10 Correspondence with Directors students can recall all the concepts quickly.
Maharashtra State Board Class 11 Secretarial Practice Notes Chapter 10 Correspondence with Directors
- Collectively as a ‘Board’ exercises powers and authorities
- Elected representatives of the shareholder
- Called as Brain of the company
- Responsible for decision making, framing plans and policies.
- Holds important position in management of a company.
Precautions While Corresponding with Directors-
- Prompt Reply
Circumstances for Corresponding with Directors-
- Notice and Agenda of Board Meeting
- Asking to disclose personal interest of Director in a contract
- Report to the Director who was absent for a meeting.
- Reminding provision regarding absenteeism at the Board Meetings.
- Executive officer of a Joint Stock Company
- Provides assustance and guidance to the Directors
- Implements decisions taken Board of Directors
- Acts as a link between the Directors and other management staff
- Called as – eyes, ears, hands and mouthpiece of the ‘Board’
Word Meaning –
collectively – together; key position – important position; cautious – careful; tactful – understanding; prompt – quickly; queries – question; empathy – ability to understand others; goodwill – reputation; numerical – in numbers; factual – real; brevity – in brief; lengthy – long; irrelevant – unimportant; circumstances – situation; consecutive – continuous; periodicity – at regular time gap; disclose – tell; accelerate – quickly; sole – single; consideration – attention; vacated – to leave; diligently – doing work carefully; skip – fail to attend; scheduled – planned; disclosure – declaration; expert – person who is knowledgeable on particular subject; forwarded – sent; constantly – always.