By going through these Maharashtra State Board Secretarial Practice 12th Commerce Notes Chapter 12 Stock Exchange students can recall all the concepts quickly.
Maharashtra State Board Class 12 Secretarial Practice Notes Chapter 12 Stock Exchange
→ Stock exchange is a place where securities are traded i.e. buying and selling takes place.
→ Stock Exchange in India is regulated by SEBI i.e. Securities Exchange Board of India.
→ The Securities Control (Regulation) Act 1956 provides rules for the functioning, licensing and controlling speculations of Stock Exchanges.
Stock Exchange in India:
- Bombay Stock Exchange
- National Stock Exchange
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)-
- – It is the oldest stock exchange in Asia which was established in 1875.
- – BSE was the first Stock Exchange in India.
- – The index of BSE is called Sensex or BSE 30.
- – In February 2001, BSE has launched BSEWebx.co.in an internet trading system.
National Stock Exchange of India (NSEI)-
- NSEI was incorporated in November 1992.
- First demutualized electronic exchange in India.
- The Index of NSE is called as the NIFTY launched in 1996.
Agents in Stock Exchange-
- Lame Duck