Balbharti Maharashtra State Board Class 5 Environmental Studies Solutions Chapter 15 Communication and Mass Media Notes, Textbook Exercise Important Questions and Answers.
Maharashtra State Board Class 5 EVS Solutions Part 1 Chapter 15 Communication and Mass Media
5th Std EVS 1 Digest Chapter 15 Communication and Mass Media Textbook Questions and Answers
1. Write down the educational uses of mass media.
Write down the educational uses of mass media.
Mass media helps us in the following ways :
- Awareness about issues such as environmental balance, gender equality and cleanliness.
- Forewarn about natural disasters like storms, tsunamis, flood, etc.
- Awareness about health, educational facilities, good things happening in society, etc.
- Awareness about basic needs related to food, clothing, shelter, education and health.
- Helps in the expansion of trade and industry.
2. How were messages communicated before we began to use the telephone?
How were messages communicated before we began to use the telephone?
Messages were earlier
1. Sent by pigeons who were trained
2. Men on horseback with messages
3. Letters sent through postal services.
3. What difference has the computer made to your life?
What difference has the computer made to your life?
With the help of computers, I am able to get information with the help of internet connection and also able to do work faster and save time and efforts.
Environmental Studies Part 1 Standard 5th Solutions Chapter 15 Communication and Mass Media Additional Important Questions and Answers
Fill in the blanks with the correct answers from the options given below:
The exchange of information is called ……………… .
………………. are used in modem methods of communication.
(a) Artificial satellites
(a) Artificial satellites
Indian Satellites used for communication are called ……………… .
Artificial satellites are launched into space by means of ……………………. .
The ………………… on a person’s face and other gestures communicate a message to us.
Information ………………….. is also a part of communication.
Information is useful for constructing …………………. .
Through telecommunication, we can easily ………………… people far away from us.
(c) party with
Through telecommunication, people can be ………………… about natural disasters like storms, tsunamis, floods etc.
Mass media helps in successful implementation of ………………. schemes launched for the benefit of people.
………………. media helps in the expansion of trade and industry.
We get all sorts of ……………….. through television channels and the internet.
Time spent on watching ………………… leads to the neglect of outdoor sports and physical fitness.
Telecommunication devices should be used properly and ……………….. .
We must be careful not to use telecommunication
New communication technology has now made this possible on a mobile phone, to ……………….. the person we are talking to.
Answer in detail:
What are the disadvantages of tele-communication devices?
The disadvantages of telecommunication devices are:
- Excessive use of the television, computer or mobile phones cause disorders of the eye, ears and back.
- Psychological disorders and isolation are also possible.
- Information through television and the internet disturbs peace and order in society.
- Excessive TV watching neglect the outdoor sports and physical fitness.
- Adverse effect on physical health.
What are the uses of artificial satellites?
The uses of artificial satellites are as follows:
1. Live telecast of events happening in the world.
2. With the help of phones, we can directly talk to people in other countries.
3. The President or Prime Minister can address the entire nation at the same time over the radio or TV.
What are audio visual communication?
With the help of audio visual communication we can see the person whom we are talking to on a mobile phone.
Can you tell?
We watch TV programmes on many different channels. Where do they come from?
We talk to others on our mobile phones. What makes communication on a mobile phone possible?
Study the pictures given below. Write the name of the emotions that you see in each face in the box below it:
Write the names of the means of communication that are used?
The expression on the face is used to communicate.
What information do you obtain from a newspaper?
Political, Educational, Social, Cultural, Economic and Entertainment.
What’s the solution?
When Amod, who is in the fifth standard, comes home after school, he visits several websites on his computer. He never misses his favourite TV shows. He plays games on his mother’s mobile phone all the time. He is always sitting at home. Lately, his appetite has decreased. He is drowsy6 and has put on weight. Amod’s mother is worried about him. When will she feel better?
Amod’s mother will feel better when Amod start going out and play with his friends and be physically fit.
- neglect – fail to care properly
- forewarned – inform of a possible danger or problem.
- implementation – process of putting a plan into effect
- isolation – process of being isolated
- adverse – harmful.
- drowsy – sleepy and lazy.